Banner

Monday, October 31, 2005

Progress and Understanding


What you see before you is a lovely little ball of cotton stria created by yours truly. I did it in about 20 minutes! Quite a stark contrast compared to the 6 hours that the last hank took me. Did I get a swift? A ball winder? No. I used a chair. I put the hank around the back of the chair and unwound the hank from there. It was so easy. Boy did I feel unbelievably stupid when I was finished. Think how much further I'd be if I hadn't gone blind last week. What a mess.
Anyhow, before I made this little lovely, I finished off my toilet paper roll of yarn and ended up here with my scarf.

One heck of a difference considering the little bit that I had done before this. This is where I was at the end of Friday. I'm pretty proud of this progress to be quite honest. Especially with the 2 x 2 ribbing that I'm doing and this being the first project that involves purling. I feel like I've really gotten the hang of purling and switiching front to back.

Now onto last night's work. I didn't get anything done on Saturday by the way out of lack of interest in trying to wind the lovely ball of yarn. Also due to lack of time because of a Halloween party. =)

So this is Sunday night's progress. You can see where I stuck the tails out the to right where I added the new yarn on. I did that five or so inches in a couple of hours, which is pretty amazing for me. I feel pretty confident that I'll roll through that little ball of yarn pretty quickly. My only concern is that it's not going to be enough yarn considering how much was destroyed in my earlier stupidity. If it's not, at least there are no dye lots and I can buy this at my LYS.

Having gotten the hang of this I feel pretty good about learning to follow a pattern and to knit in the round. One at a time of course, we know I can't handle too much change at once!
So I think I'm going to get the book Last Minute Knitting Gifts and do some of those for holiday presents. I was planning on making a lot of Christmas presents anyhow, so this is a great opportunity. Plus a lot of things in the book are small and quick, which is perfect for me in this stage of the game. I'm going to try and pick that baby up tonight so that I can pick out and order some yarn before I run out of scarf to knit and go crazy. I do still have 3 skeins of Stork at home and some very pointy size 4 Fiddlesticks, but I almost went crazy just trying to CO that stuff. It's lovely, but it's not for the beginner or feint of heart. I'm sure it will one day become something greater than three white skeins, but for now it is all I have for a "stash". So sad.

Anyways. I haven't been feeling so hot lately. I had a terrible allergy attack yesterday and my asthma was killing me for it. I was exhausted and ready to die by nine and went to bed by 10:30. I still feel exhausted today. Add to that a migraine and you get one unhappy camper. If I still feel like poop tomorrow, I'll be staying home, that's for sure. Darnit! I hope I'm not getting sick. Blah.

1 Comments:

  • Wow, you've really gotten a lot done on the scarf! I can't stop thinking about how soft that yarn was, it's going to be such a cuddly scarf!

    By Blogger Heather, at 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home