Banner

Friday, November 18, 2005

A plea

Dear Ms. Cranberry WooloftheAndes,

Where are you? Please come back. You've got it all wrong.

I know that unwrapping you and knitting such a small thing and then putting you down was such a tease. I never meant to tease. I'm not that kind of girl.
I have not abandoned you for other projects. I have been planning to come back to you all along. I know you think that little sweater was all the action you were going to see. I know you've seen me hanging around with the scarf. But it's not like that.
The scarf was here long before you arrived and she has all her own issues. She needs the attention. And she is almost finished. As soon as she's done I'll be back to you to knit many tiny sweaters to make people happy at Christmas. Doesn't that sound like fun?
Please turn up for I am so worried for your safety. You don't know what's out there. You're so young. I fear not that you will freeze to death (as you are 100% wool) or that you've escaped the house, but for you chances with the 8 furious paws of doom. The paws like yarn. And not in a friendly way. Don't let the seduce you with the cuddling or playfulness. That can only end badly. They will surely shred you, chew you, unwind you, and worst of all, eat you! Won't you come back so that we can have many happy hours together making adorable sweater to make naked trees happy this year. Please?

Sincerely,
The knitter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home