Banner

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

She can be taught!


I have decided that I finally have enough lace to show you a good picture. So here it is. This is the pattern that may have (finally) cured my of my lace ills. (Don't go around saying that too loudly though, or I shall be smited for my insolence and over confidence).
This is a little over three repeats of the pattern. I think it's a beautiful stitch, and if I have screwed up, you can't really tell -- which in my world is key. Also, it's producing a far heavier fabric that I thought it would, which makes the scarf more versatile. This is important to me because I thought with the buttery yellow color and the lacey pattern that it would only be useful in the spring time, say around Easter, but that doesn't seem to be the case. As long as my grandmother has something that it matches, then I'm good to go. My only fear is that it's going to block out to be this enormous beast, but I'll take my chances.
Here is a close up of it. Apologies for the blur factor but if you don't stare at it too long, it is a semi helpful photo. I like it because it looks to be little snowflakes. Perhaps I should make this in blue. I definately think I want one for myself, but out of something not so itchy. And perhaps a heavier yarn so the pattern would be more obvious.
Also, the best part of this whole thing is finding the life line. Last night I knew I shouldn't do another row, but I haven't been working on it and I was on a roll, so I went for it. It didn't work out too well, but it was okay. I ripped back to the lifeline, two rows of lace and one row of purl, and it was all better. I'm just pretending I never attempted it in the first place. I'm sure the scarf is much better off losing the row that wasn't right and some extra than it ever would have been if I had tried to make my way backwards. I know that my emotional well being is much better off as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home