Banner

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Desperate times....

Call for desperate measures.....

So I may have been knitting at my desk today, and it may have not been my lunch break and I may have done it for so long that I finished two cable repeats. I may have even done more if a meeting hadn't let out. What? Don't look at me like that. You'd do the same thing if you thought you could get away with it. Just because you actually do work at your work and I don't doesn't mean that I shouldn't get in some knitting in the meantime. Okay, maybe it does, but if you don't get caught.... Besides, I never said I actually did any of those things. We're speaking in the hypothetical here.

So anyhow, despite the lack of pictures here I have been working like a fiend. The box for Asia family went out today (curtsies), and despite a miscommunication in which the woman attempted to set me up with overnight shipping to another continent, it went out well. I swear, though, that I sent out a bigger, heavier box in July for far less. I think they up the prices during the holidays. They can't do that, can they? Hmmmm.

Anyhow, that box ate up some of my time last night, but that didn't stop me from getting to and through the first few rows of another color change on the mystery. That means that once I finish with these colors I get to continue solidly until the end. Miracle of miracles. Ofcourse, I have to get through this part first. Have I mentioned I'm a little stressed?

However, despite having written out today how much I need to knit, and that list not including the cookies that are unbaked, the tree untrimmed and unpurchased, the gifts unwrapped, the clever and lovely tags unmade, and the cards unsent, I'm surprisingly calm today. I've figured that as long as I don't sleep or eat until Christmas, I may just get everything done. Maybe.

1 Comments:

  • I think we have all secretly knit at work when we are not really supposed to....hypothetically speaking of course.

    By Blogger traveling knitter, at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home