Banner

Monday, December 12, 2005

Is it girly in here, or is it just me?

So, they're done. The picture frame, letter thingies, that I don't have a name for are finished. Apologies for the darkness of the photos. It didn't look so bad on the camera, but when I saw it next to the other ones I took, I was a little disappointed.....and a little late. Which is why you have to see them like this. I just couldn't be any later to work than I was already on my way to being. So there you have it.
They're a little painful to look at. I think this is a good thing. Otherwise they wouldn't be girly enough. The plan was to make them bright and happy and all little girl. Sick to the stomach, girl, if you know what I mean. If you have a daughter, or little sister, I know you do. I think the classic-ish frames help tone them down enough for their mother to actually display them, though, so all in all, I'm pleased.

On the knitting front, again, nothing to show you. You who I can't trust not to click the link. You know who you are. I have, however, been flooring it on the mystery project. I decided to just shut up and knit and it's working well, I must say. After a little bit of pain on Friday, and working diligently over the weekend, I'm 9 or 10 rows to the second to last color change, which is awesome - especially since the last color change involves using a color that is already attached, thus, not nearly as painful as all the others have been. This is a good thing considering I have both looked forward to, and dreaded these changes. Yea! a change, I'm doing good, but oh man! I have to change. I don't think intarsia is my thing. I could do it at the center of a sweater or something, but as the whole project, count me out. Unless you have some miracle yarn to fix my stitches at the color change, I think I'm better sitting this one out. However I am now very intersted in enterlac. That scarf at knitty is really awesome. I'd link it, but I'm lazy. It's the only enterlac thing, c'mon, you can figure it out. =) But for now I'm settling on learning to cable. More on that tomorrow, cuz work is done and I'm fleeing. Cya!

1 Comments:

  • They turned out great! They look like they were a lot of work. I don't have the patience for those sort of projects!!!

    We got the tree up finally! It looks terrible but James really got into putting the decorations on it so that's all that matters. I'm going to work on the lights outside today. Better late than never and I really think James would like them.

    By Blogger Heather, at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home