Banner

Thursday, January 05, 2006

FO: Intarsia Baby Blanket


Yarn: Shine: 3 full skeins of cream, 1 of light blue, 1 of purple, 1 of dark pink, 1 of light pink, 1 of dark green, and 1 of light green.
Needles: Addi Turbos Circulars US 6 24"
Gauge: Again, no clue. I just know that it was tighter than what shine is supposed to be on 3-5s.
Pattern: From the book Instant Expert: Knitting
Notes: This project was HUGE. I can't believe how long it took me. But, it did turn out great, and Heather seems happy with it, which is the most important. I did suffer a bit getting through the seed stitch parts. I had to rip a little to fix the mistakes. Especially frustrating because if you mess up one row then three rows turn into ribbing. I tried a couple of times to ladder the stitches and fix them, but it ends up looking really ugly. I'm sure it would be much easier and quicker if I was a picker, and I'm going to work on that as soon as I get some other things finished.
Anyhow, I did find that I had some issues with the Shine while I was wrapping the yarn. It seemed that no matter what I did the stitches got really huge in that one column. It looked a little better after washing, but it still bugged me. It could explain why I knit this so tight. Once I got started, I couldn't stop.
Also, I was scared for my life to wash this with so many saturated colors and then the cream, but I washed it with woolite on delicate and cold and dried it on low heat and it came out beautifully. There wasn't a drop of color bleed and it barely even got fuzzy and there were no pills. For that I'm ecstatic.

7 Comments:

  • The blanket is ABSOLUTELY GORGOUS!!! I love it...I am HUGE FAN of patchwork projects. You did a great job!

    By Blogger traveling knitter, at 5:31 PM  

  • wow I didn't notice that it was insarnia till just now....that is awesome...that is still a skill I have to learn.

    By Blogger traveling knitter, at 5:35 PM  

  • hi! thanks for the compliments on my new template. WOW!! i am in total awe of your blanket - it just have been alot of work for you!! it looks TERRIFIC!!! =)

    By Blogger Ruth, at 7:49 PM  

  • Truly lovely blanket! Well done! And intarsia too, I'm impressed!

    Don't you just love Shine?

    By Blogger Debi, at 9:41 PM  

  • Hey there...if you would like to write to me directly my e-mail is uofh(at)sbcglobal(dot)com. We've been commenting back and forth for a while....this may make it easier. :)

    By Blogger traveling knitter, at 1:54 PM  

  • Claire loves the blanket, it is really beautiful! I love the yarn & the colors, and the squares match her room! I took some pictures of her with the blanket I'll post on my blog soon, although she wasn't very cooperative!

    By Blogger Heather, at 8:01 PM  

  • I am so excited to see that someone FINISHED this pattern. I am working on it (also in Knit Picks Shine) and find that the last row of every block is loose. I thought it was just me! What was your trick for using circulars and intarsia at the same time? I am using a wine box to keep all of my balls in so that I can move them all at once but I am finding that I still get tangled up. Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated! Congrats on your beautiful FO. :)

    By Blogger knitfriendly, at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home