Banner

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

FO: My first hat


Yarn: Less than 1 skein of Cascade 220. It looked steel gray to me in the store, but it's really a very gray blue.
Needles: Crystal Palace US 6 bamboo 16" circs.
Gauge: Oooo, I know this one for once. 5.5 sts per inch.
Pattern: Kim's Hat from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Measurements: It fit my 21 inch head, but was a little big and it fit Boyfriend's 22 inch head with room to spare
Notes: This pattern was awesome. I just added 8 stitches to the biggest size to compensate and didn't bother doing an extra decrease, and it worked out just fine. I didn't count how many stitches I ended up pulling tight, but as you can see from the pic below, it didn't leave any extra gap to worry about. I like this pattern so much that I'll be doing it again. I had to pry the hat out of Boyfriend's hands and promise to make him one so that I could get it back.












Having finished the hat I had cleared out all the WIPs, which is great, but meant I had some preparation to do before I could knit again. So last night I set out to ball up my Lorna's Laces and see if I could get the long tail cast on figured out and done for one of the socks. So, I pulled out the hank and untwisted it, grateful that it was big enough to go over my chair that stands in for a swift. Ofcourse after I put it over the chair I realized that I didn't have an end to put into the ball winder. Hrm, there's no end, they must have tied it together, but ther were two knots. I cut one of them, but I guess it was the wrong one and ended up having to take the partially wound ball off the winder at least 10 times to clear up the knots. I eventually took the damn winder off the table and worked out all the loops. After about an hours work I got it into a ball, but then had no time to knit. Oh well. Here's my plan for tonight =)



And Jordan wants to know why Mommy has to go to work so early. She'd rather stay in bed...

3 Comments:

  • The hat looks great! And I'm glad DB wants one. Scott wants me to knit a computer case, hmm....

    By Blogger Heather, at 7:30 PM  

  • Great hat!!!! good luck on the socks!!!

    By Blogger traveling knitter, at 10:04 PM  

  • I LOVE that book. How will you ever choose a pattern? :-)

    Nice hat! Don't let the BF steal it!

    By Blogger Beth S., at 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home