Banner

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

FO Report: Irish Hiking Scarf

Yarn: 2 Skeins of Cascade 220 in The Heathers: Lavendar
Needles: Crystal Palace bamboo US8(R.I.P) and Brittany Birch US8
Gauge: Now, why would I know that?
Pattern: Irish Hiking Scarf from Hello Yarn
Measurements: 5" by 60"ish. Pretty much the same after blocking.
Notes: This was a great pattern! Very easy, very lovely. This was my first time doing cables, and I used Grumperina's tutorial for Cabling without the extra needle. I'm sure it went much quicker because of this. I highly recommend this pattern as a first cabling project, either with or without a needle.
I was also very pleased to see that after it's (rather short) soak in Euclan that the extra long stitch that I always got (and hope is normal) on the last stitch of the cable, sort of tightened up and looked far less retarded. The whole thing looks much better after water, than before.
Here are some other bad pictures:













Far more interesting post to follow probably later today



2 Comments:

  • Lovely scarf, looks squishy, soft and cozy! Great cables too :)

    By Blogger Debi, at 4:23 PM  

  • Very Nice! I hope mine comes out like yours. :) I'm almost done with mine...I just need to bind off, weave in ends, and block.

    By Blogger traveling knitter, at 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home