Banner

Monday, January 09, 2006

FO Report: Midwest Moonlight

Well, here she is. Sort of an odd photo, I know, but with the lack of natural light, and the darkness of the yarn, I had to resort to the brightest place in the house, which is the bathroom door. Who knew?

Yarn: 1 and a half skeins (roughly) of Cascade 220. No clue what the color number was, but it's a dark greeny, blue.
Needles: Crystal Palace bamboo US7
Gauge: The standard answer of, I don't know. If it helps the scarf is 33 stitches over 7" wide.
Pattern: Midwest Moonlight from Scarf Style
Measurements: 7" x 53" before blocking. 7" by 72"(!) after.
Notes: As you've seen the pattern was way too wide for my tastes with three repeats, so I cut it back to 2, which made me much happier. I did the stated 25 pattern repeats, instead of an extra one, because I could tell it was going to be long enough after blocking. I think if I did this again, I would do fewer repeats - say 21ish - because you can block the hell out of it. This scarf tried to ben a honking 84" long, but we had a conversation and I had the pins, so I talked it down to 73" - still a little long imo, but better than before. This was a fun pattern and easy to memorize. My only complaint is that it produced an odly coarse fabric, even after soaking for a half hour in Euclan. It's not stiff, but it's a little rough. I would say it's the yarn, but I'm making my Irish Hiking scarf out of the same stuff and it seems far softer. Other than that it's great.

Here's a couple more shots of it blocking and a pathetic attempt at a natural light shot:

1 Comments:

  • This is a great scarf...I looked it up in my scarf style and I'm thinking about making one. I'm back and just trying to catch up on my blog buddies.

    By Blogger traveling knitter, at 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home