Banner

Friday, February 17, 2006

I'm just tired

Here is a shot of where I was yesterday on the tank top. It sort of looks like a lot is done, but I'm really not that far. This is only 4 1/2 inches. The shot below this is from today. It's all of 5 1/2 inches. Only one inch got done last night, which initially I thought was going to be enough, until I realized that it needs to be 14 or so inches before I begin the divide for the neck. 9 days left, 14 inches left, an inch a day....you can see how this isn't going to work out.
So in referance to my post title, it's not that I'm tired of the stockinette, it's that I'm literally exhausted. With the house having been worked on all week there was a lot of gravel dust and mold in the air and it got into my not so fabulous lungs and slowed me down big time. Last night was the worst of it (I hope). Boyfriend mopped, and we can clean up some more this weekend, and get rid of it all. Hopefully then I'll get the spring back in my step. Couple that exhaustion along with how tired my fingers get with working with this yarn, and you can see why I'm not really getting anywhere. I've also had limited time lately, so I'm telling myself that's what the reason is. I wish there was something else I could do for this knit to make progress on it, that would be a nice break for my fingers, but there isn't. No way to make progress but knit and take lots of breaks. Boo.
Anyhow, if you look in the top picture you'll see a placket, for lack of a better word, right in the middle. There are two of these on this knit, both nine sitches wide. This is how she made the pattern accomodate the 36" bust, but in my opinion it sucks. The lace repeat is 9 stitches long and it seems like there must be away to make this thing the right size and still keep the pattern going around. I haven't looked further into the pattern to see where you divide for the v-neck, but these plackets split the stitches in the current center front and back. I do not want these things to be dead in the front of the tank top, it would look terrible. So, though I know nothing of patterning or adptation of patterns, I'm going to figure out an easy way to make sure these plackets become the sides, if the pattern isn't already knit this way. I just haven't had enough brain power to figure out this later step yet. I guess I better hurry up and get it together, or I'm going to be in more trouble than just sore fingers!

3 Comments:

  • Don't lose hope! The lace part slowed you down! You will speed up! :)

    By Blogger traveling knitter, at 4:57 PM  

  • That's so dumb!! Why didn't the designer just add more lace patten repeats?? I'll help you "redesign" it if you need 2 heads:)

    It looks great!

    By Blogger Debi, at 11:41 PM  

  • I hope you get some rest and feel better soon.

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home