Banner

Friday, February 24, 2006

Look at that progress!


How pathetic is this? This is my divide for the v-neck progress from last night. I think I managed to actually unknit more stiches than I knitted. What a waste of three hours. A half hour spent staring at two lines of the pattern, being unable to comprehend them, another half hour on the phone confusing the hand holder, and then two hours going forwards, realizing the stupidest error ever, unknitting, and then trying to make some progress before bed. The frustration was tangible. I think I even upset the dog with my growling. The good part is that we finally made sense of the pattern. The bad part is that it means I have twice as many stitches to knit in the next thirteen rows than I thought I did. The difference really isn't that huge, but it's about stamina at this point. Honestly, I can't believe I've made it this far considering how much frustration this pattern, and this (God forsaken yarn!) has been to this point. Who knows what's in store for me in the next two pages of it.
All I know is that following the pattern word for word, isn't always as easy as it sounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home