Banner

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

For the Knotty Girls

In lieu of having nothing to show you today, I have decided to do this. When I first read it, I thought the ladies were nuts, but that's what I love about Jen and La. They speak to my crazy side.
After thinking about it, I found some of the answers and decided to hunt up the rest of them. I honestly can't believe I found the other answers as fast as I did, but here they are.

I didn't put any of the pictures in, since it would take awhile to get permission to borrow. So I linked to the big pictures (mostly) for all the shots.

1. A blog which you think people have not discovered.
I'm fairly certain not many folks have discovered Woolgathering. She's got a lot a thoughts on a lot of things....including knitting and design.

2. A blog whose author lives close to you physically. Just get as close as you can, it’s all relative.
Would you know it! Eunny lives close to me. I could have even gone to the Panera knitting thing, but ofcourse I noticed a day late. I'm usually a dollar short too, btw.

3. An unusual or weird animal picture.
I don't know how unusual it is, but this picture is fabulous. I love Vito's ears. He is so adorable. Plus Jo is an awesome knitter who makes loads of fabulous socks.

4. An entry that made you laugh and got you strange looks from family or co-workers. Pretty much all of Yarn Harlot's entries (that are supposed to funny) have me laughing, loudly, in my cubie no less. And yes I get strange looks. One of my favorites is on this page March 1st - the scarf heard round the world.

5. An idea you wish you’d thought of.
Martha came up with this little Home Depot idea (March 15th). It's so simple and perfect. I love Home Depot, how did I miss this??

6. Something you’d like to knit.
Something Red from Wendy. I've even bought the pattern, but not yarn for it yet, since I'm trying to save up for Maryland Sheep and Wool.

7. A picture of something you consider beautiful
I love this picture. It isn't knitting, but it's from a knitting blog =) She takes gorgeous pictures, and I love the layouts.

8. A blog whose author you’d like to one day meet in person
I'd love to meet Debi. She's been really helpful to me, and she's very sweet and freaking hilarious to boot. Ofcourse I'd have to go to Florida, because I'd need to get some Pumpkin action too!

9. A blog of someone you have already met in person.
Heather is the only knit blogger I've met in person (though this is soon to change). I'm willing to bet I've crossed paths with several knitters- somewhere along the way, because they too live close, but have never met them. Heather and I have been best friends for what will be 20 years.

So ladies, there you have it. I must say that I got hooked on a lot of these knit blogs from links from your site. Thanks for giving me more reasons to not do work at work. =)

5 Comments:

  • Good meme, I hadn't seen some of the sites you linked. Cool.

    By Blogger Heather, at 12:06 PM  

  • Thank for the Home Depot mention! I do alot "Macgyvering" at work so this is just a natural extension. I do have another "Home Depot" Knitting supply idea...I'm just not ready to reveal yet. :)

    By Blogger traveling knitter, at 1:22 PM  

  • I really can't help it--I'm efficient! (grin) Love your links.

    By Blogger --Deb, at 6:40 PM  

  • Muahahahaha...fooled another one into thinking I'm sweet! :)

    Anytime Jes, now that we actually have carpet and flooring, the second bedroom's all yours!

    By Blogger Debi, at 3:52 AM  

  • Work finally fixed its internet connection - so I get to see your mention of my blog! That's so sweet of you :) I don't know how I would describe my blog, but I think "thoughts" is accurate - but on what? I can't pin that down :)

    By Blogger tenacious knitter, at 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home