Banner

Friday, March 17, 2006

I must have the luck of the Irish

There isn't a drop of Irish blood in these veins, but I must be lucky today. I went surfing for a cute little pic to put on my post today, and I found this. That my friends, is a freaking pattern for a four leaf clover hat! How awesome is that? I don't know that I would ever make it, but it's so much fun that I found that. Especially while all I was looking for was a nice picture of four leaf clovers.

I have some bit of luck with four leaf clovers, actually. I find them all the time, as my friends and family can attest to. A couple of years ago, I found so many that I actually sealed them into paper and gave them out as presents. They were all from different locations, so it's not like I've got a crop of them out back. Although, that does sound like fun. =)

Anyhow, onto my knitting. I can hardly believe this happened, finally, but what you see here is an actual second sock with a completed heel flap. When I was checking the leg length against the other sock, I couldn't believe that I had actually made it. I also can't believe that I actually got to and through the heel flap. Now for the best part, turning. I was too distracted with tv last night, and didn't have enough time, so I'll get to that later. But, you know what they say, after you turn the heel the rest of the sock flies. I'm so happy, I can't wait to have this sucker finished!

Oh and just to prove this isn't just an old picture of the first sock, there's the toe of the finished first sock. =P

3 Comments:

  • love the clover hat!!!

    By Blogger traveling knitter, at 11:44 PM  

  • Go sock girl, go sock girl!!

    I keep forgetting to tell you, we at Chez FKD LOVE the name you gave your pet tiger ;)

    By Blogger Debi, at 1:17 AM  

  • Hi Jes!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I couldn't find your email address, so I'm just leaving a comment here. I hope that's ok. I believe you are right about the twist in the yarn. Kathy sent me an article that said about the same thing. Unfortunately I can't run away from this yarn because I'm knitting it for someone else. :-(

    Good luck on finishing the sock! looks like you are almost there!

    By Blogger MiniLaura, at 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home