Banner

Thursday, March 23, 2006

It's....

A sock....okay, well not quite. But it is a turned heel. And it's further along today, since this picture was taken yesterday, but there wasn't much more to show today. I'm just moving along with the decreases. As of Wed. before I started knitting this little bit was all I needed to use up before I actually got back to the point of frog, and last night I managed to do that. When I realized that I had finally, after three days, gotten back to where I started from, I was so excited. I sure hope nothing else goes wrong (knocking soundly on wood!).

This darn sock is taking forever, I tell you, and yet I can't seem to stop working on it. Last night, and the night before, I knit on it, for what seemed like hours, and feel like I've barely gotten anywhere. I suppose that's what happens when you have to redo such a large section of work. Pride goeth before the fall, and all.
I just want to get this sucker done so I can wear them while it's still winter-ish. Yes I know it's now technically Spring, which I couldn't be more grateful for, but the Mother Nature is clearly in no mood to move on with the season. Our first day of Spring was greeted with snow. Granted, it barely made it to the ground before melting, and wasn't very heavy, but I'm pretty sure there was a point trying to be proven. Clearly Mother Nature has no concern with our silly little calendar as it relates to her weather patterns. Either that, or she's waiting until the day I finish these socks to warm up, just to piss me off.
If that's what it is, so be it! It's only more inspiration to finish. I'll take warmer weather over wearing wool socks this season, any day of the week.

This post inspired by this guy. One of my absolute favorites from the show.

2 Comments:

  • It's looking good Jes! Almost there!

    By Blogger Debi, at 3:50 AM  

  • Good job with your sock! I love the colors. I too hope for warmer weather...just turn up the a/c to wear your nice wool socks! :)

    By Blogger knitfriendly, at 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home