Banner

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I've got the bug

Unfortunately I think this might be true in more ways then one, since I'm feeling pretty icky right now, but for purposes of this post, I mean the sock bug ;) I turned the heel on Monday and tried it on, and it's perfect. Ofcourse, last night I realized that I had added two rows to the length of the heel flap by mistake, but it turned out to be a good thing because the fit is exactly right. Ofcourse it's a little hard to tell how something fits when there's two pointy stick holding it together, but as far as I can tell it was good. When I picked up the stitches last night, I decided to go ahead and pick up the extra slipped stiches because otherwise I'd have some ugly holes. Also, this is the point where I'm thinking of making it a little wider around, anyhow. I've got to do some math and figure out if they will fit comfortably around the ball of my foot if I decrease all the way down. I seem to have an extra large football (hehe), so I think it's probably best to keep those stitches in. What's a good negative ease percentage for a sock?

I know you're waiting for the report and pictures of the cami, but you might be waiting until the weekend. I'm sure as heck not going outside to take pictures, but it would be good to get some in natural light. That, and the fact that I feel mega poopy, is not helping me want to take pictures. So I leave you with a (somewhat blurry) photo of Jordan, trying to figure out why I insist on holding that black thing up to my face and blinding her.
Little dogs with black faces are very hard to get pictures of.

5 Comments:

  • Is that Socks that Rock? It looks supiciously like a deeply loved skein in my own stash, one that I'm waiting to find the right pattern for.

    By Blogger Beth S., at 4:19 PM  

  • Very nice! I'm glad they are comfy, they look very pretty.

    By Blogger Heather, at 7:17 PM  

  • The socks look wonderful Jes!!

    Negative ease on a sock is usually 10%. The ball of my fluffy foot is 10 inches yet socks fit me best if knit to 8.5 inches but ONLY if it's a stretchy or lacey pattern!

    You know I've knit many many socks and I still find I tweak the patterns to improve them each and every time! You'll eventually find your "formula"!

    PS - Pumpkin was not amused by your "cats on an ice rink" comment, LOL!!

    By Blogger Debi, at 7:38 PM  

  • Beautiful color way.

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 8:37 AM  

  • Nice sock! Can't wait to see the Cami!!!

    By Blogger traveling knitter, at 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home