Banner

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Aquisitions Dept.

My apologies for the delay in getting this posted. I've had nothing but trouble convincing Blogger to upload the pictures. It would work and then quit and work and quit, and I think I finally got them all in!

Here we are, a post full of yorn! I went to post this yesterday and couldn't convince blogger to upload the photos, and a post about yarn with no pictures is pointless, so I threw in the towel.

Here is my first yarn. It's a Tess' Design sock yarn. The color wasn't true on the camera monitor, but it is on this computer screen. It's a nice deep, solid blue.
I had it in my mind that I needed to buy a bunch of solid colored yarn because I'm not big on lacey/cabley patterning on variegated yarn. Ofcourse, this was the only solid yarn I could manage to buy. That's what happens what you're a color addict.


Next up we have this Merino from Tess' as well. It's between 500-600 yards and the color looks much darker on my monitor. It's kind of a crappy shot, but I don't think it will ever show up right because the variegation is so subtle. It's green to blue and I love it! It's soft, there's a ton of yardage, and the colors are gorgeous. Plus the price was right ;) I'm intending to make it a shrug, but I have a very specific design I want to do, and since I don't have a lot of experience in this department, I think I'm going to try another shrug pattern with a different yarn, and see what I learn. Then I will tackle this one


Here we have some Lorna's Laces. I am very fond of this yarn and had to practically fight Heather for this colorway. We could only find three skeins of it. I think it's called Vera. I'm thinking about making the pomatomus socks with it, but I want to look around and see if anyone made those out of Lornas and see how the striping/pooling worked out for them.

And lastly, here is my STR! As Heather mentioned, getting just these skeins was a small nightmare. There were people everywhere and they were not polite in any way. Pushing, shoving, the works. I am happy with these colors, though. The green will likely be the emobossed leaves from IW and I have no plans for the other color. Sorry, I was too silly to look at the color names for any of these skeins. When I finally knit them up, I'll tell you what they are.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Boyfriend and I are driving cross country next week, so I will be out until next weekend. I hope everyone his nice week and weekend(s). I'll take lots of blurry pictures of the countryside for you =) and promise not to post them all. I hope to have lots of knitting progress to show when I return since I'll be sitting in the car/plane/airport for long periods of time.

It should be interesting, but I'm not looking forward to seeing my newsgator feeds when I get back!

3 Comments:

  • Yeah, we did have to fight for that yarn but we'll be prepared for battle next year!

    Have an awesome time on your trip, we'll take good care of your baby :)

    By Blogger Heather, at 10:42 PM  

  • I love the color of your Tess yarn. I am hoping to make a baby kimono sweater out of one of the skeins that I bought. Did you see the sweater that she had with the sock yarn? Too cute! Have a wonderful time on your trip. Enjoy lots of knitting on the road! :)

    By Blogger knitfriendly, at 1:07 PM  

  • What a haul!

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home