Banner

Monday, May 22, 2006

Exciting News!

I am back, lovely readers and I have some very exciting news! See this gorgeous rock?? That beautiful ring came from Boyfriend, who has been upgraded to Fiance! That's right! He proposed and I said yes! Despite the fact that most of the English speaking world had been consulted on the proposal and ring, I was completely surprised when he got down on one knee at the Grand Canyon! It was adorable and I was totally shocked. This is the spot that we overlooked when he popped the question. I love these two rocks because they look like bird baths. I wanted to climb down there and put some water in them, but it was
a) a poorly planned idea since I don't rock climb
and
b) I was shaking from surprise and excitement.

Maybe some day in the future. =)

After we had both calmed down, we looked over and there was another couple hanging out on our little over look with a little friend.



This little gray guy had come up to this gentleman who had been eating and hit him up for some Lays potato chips. He couldn't have just one either. He crawled up in the guys lap and starting munching away. The guy would give him a little peice of chip right to his mouth and he would take it and then hold it in his little hands and munch it until it was gone. It was absolutely nuts. No pun intended.


Here's a close up of him reaching up for the bag that Fiance was holding in his hands. It was crazy. He had absolutely no fear of humans at all.

And lastly (for today, that is), here are some more shots of the gorgeous landscape of the Grand Canyon. Please brace yourself for some very picture intense posts in the next few days. There will be lots of knitting photos too. Just check my side bar and you'll see all kinds of surprises! Visual updates are on the way.

Also, I would like to know which of you conspired to make my news gator feeds explode. I logged on to over 400 new feeds. You people sure are busy! I'll be trying to catch up with everyone this week, and next, so if you get a comment from some archived post, it's just little ole me trying to catch up with the cool kids. ;)


10 Comments:

  • Congratulations!

    By Blogger Mintyfresh, at 2:18 PM  

  • Congratulations!!! What an amazing vacation, huh? =)

    By Blogger caitlyn, at 2:20 PM  

  • That IS exciting news! Congrats and best wishes. :-)

    By Blogger Beth S., at 2:46 PM  

  • Wow!! Congratulations! :) I am so happy for you. What a beautiful story. I went to college at NAU (Northern Arizona University) and we would go to the Grand Canyon often. It is so beautiful there. I am happy to hear that you had such a great time!

    By Blogger knitfriendly, at 3:51 PM  

  • How wonderful! Your ring is gorgeous.

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 5:03 PM  

  • Congratulations! Best wishes to both of you :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:20 PM  

  • CONGRATS Jes and fiance!! What wonderful news! Geat pics too....the on with the squirrel reaching for the chips is pricless!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful news!

    How about baby blue sock for your "something blue"? :)

    By Blogger Debi, at 6:22 PM  

  • Congratulations! And I love the squirrel. :)

    By Blogger Brynne, at 8:31 AM  

  • Yay! I am so happy for you!!! It sounded like a perfect proposal :)

    By Blogger Heather, at 12:19 PM  

  • I am really happy for you!!!! I've come out of hiding/lurking for this happy occation!!!!

    By Blogger traveling knitter, at 12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home