Banner

Thursday, May 11, 2006

The garden

I just wanted to put some of my flower shots up in a separate post. So here it is. Yorn and such to follow....

This is a close up of the flowers that have exploded from my thyme plant. These little pods showed up and I thought they were the flowers, and then they got all brown a couple of days later, and I thought "that was fast!" Then about a week later these purple flowers came out of the pods. It's almost how a salvia explodes. You think they're dead and then they pop out of the pods. Very cool.



This is one of the roses that Boyfriend left on my desk. You can really tell here that it's a double flowering rose. It's kind of neat to see like that, but it's not my favorite when it opens. The rest of the roses we have are single flowering.

One of the roses when it's completely open. Once they get to this point, they quickly decline. The head drops from all of the weight and the bloom goes brown. It happens in a matter of a day or so. At this point they smell amazing, though, and even once the are at the end and I dead head them, I can take them and dry them and they retain their gorgeous scent. If I could get it together enough, I could make a spectacular potpourri.

2 Comments:

  • Beautiful and cool flowers but bring on the yorn!

    By Blogger Debi, at 1:36 PM  

  • So if you want to use the thyme for cooking, do you have to pick it before it blooms, or is after okay? Or is that just an ornamental variety?

    By Blogger Beth S., at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home