Banner

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Still Here

I know that it seems like I have fallen off the face of the planet, but it's not true. I am here, but I have been very busy. I usually have a spare moment or two to myself at work to blog, but I have not been afforded that time lately. I've also been a grumpy so and so lately, but today it's just so darn lovely outside, there's no way I could be down. It's a gorgeous day, and my mood is looking up.
And so I present you a mostly done Vesper sock. I turned the heel, and have completed the decreases on the foot. It fits like a dream. I had to turn the heel twice because of what looks to be a mistake in the heel. Every other heel in the book has you knit or purl one stitch after you SSK or P2tog, but this heel doesn't. What you're left with is the same shaping, but there are holes. Bad holes. That really grumped me out. So I ripped it out and did it again using other directions. This time no holes, and a happy Jes.
This baby should be done in time for MDS&W. I can't wait! I'll be happy to finish one and rewind the ball. I want to see how much is left after making a whole sock. I know it's plenty and I know that the ball will be a little smaller (read more portable) when I rewind it.

And since you know there's no way I could get through a post without showing a little plant or two, so here ya go. This is one of my wee tomato plants (that I clearly started too late! but oh well). I'm so proud, though, because it's getting real leaves. Several of the other tomato plants are getting leaves, and another Brandywine tomato even decided to germinate and poke it's head out. I don't know that it will do all that well, but it sure was funny to see a latecomer popping up. The peppers are getting ready to bust out, and if I see roots poking out, they'll get a transplant, but otherwise they're stuck in the flat until I see new leaves on them too.

And finally, to show you how adorable Boyfriend is, this is what I found on my keyboard last night after a long, long day.It's one of the first roses off the season off of our out of control tea rose. This plant is gorgeous, but it's a mammoth, and at least 6 ft. already. The flowers on it are beautiful and fragrant, and come all season long. I can't tell you how wonderful this little rose smelled.


Have a wonderful weekend everyone! I'll post an update after MD S&W. =)

5 Comments:

  • Have a GREAT time this weekend Jes!

    By Blogger Debi, at 6:36 PM  

  • Careful about rewinding the ball so you don't reverse your stripes! Make sure you pull from the same end :)

    I can't wait until MS&W! We're going to have so much fun!!!

    By Blogger Heather, at 9:16 PM  

  • lucky you this weekend! be sure to update/fill us in when you get back!

    By Blogger Ruth, at 1:15 PM  

  • Pretty colorway!

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 5:53 AM  

  • Tea roses, how sweet! :-)

    Your Vesper sock looks great. Good on ya for fixing the heel--you'll be much happier without the holes. ;-) I hope you'll have a finished pair to show off soon!

    By Blogger Beth S., at 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home