Banner

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Blame it on the rain...

This absolutely hideous, dark pic, that should probably not even appear here, is a desperate attempt to show proof of knitting. This is my progress on the Seed-ovli and I think I'm doing pretty good. I have altered the gauge to get a finished in-between size, and it's working out beautifully. I even managed to try it on and only drop a couple of stitches, so I must say that this is moving along pretty well. The seed stitch is working nicely for preventing the rolling and it doesn't add too much bulk or length to the garment. I recommend it highly to anyone who cannot stand the rolling, but isn't up for all the annoyance of a picot edging.
So, if you could actually see this picture you would be able to tell that I'm about 2 inches below the armhole - which is about three inches before the waist decreases. All in all, pretty good considering the insanity that has been my life lately. Sadly, with big plans this week, which ofcourse involve having the house clean, which it could be further from at the moment, the knitting time is going down the tubes. I would like to get this done in the next few weeks, but that is unlikely at best. Which, actually, is okay for me, and completely out of character. I say that because I have the diamond fantasy shawl that I've started and is my focused knitting right now. It's fun, and all I want to work on, but with my ADD I know better than to try to work on it with the tv on. So plain, old stockinette it is. It may be tedious some days, but at least I can measure my progress and feel like I got somewhere. It's also considerably better than tinking back rows and rows of lace, trying to figure out where things went so horrible wrong.

In an attempt to distract you from the horrible knitting picture, I leave you with this cute little guy we saw in California.

Did it work?

3 Comments:

  • I wish I had done seed stitch for mine. Oh well, guess I'll have to make another one ;)

    By Blogger Heather, at 11:26 PM  

  • I love seed stitch so it's a good choice even without the rolling issues! So how are you liking the DFS? What yarn are you using?

    I love you leetle fren, we have mucho of these little mens here, claro que si!!

    By Blogger Debi, at 11:26 PM  

  • Cute little guy. Clever idea about the seed stitch. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home