Banner

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

FO Report: Yarrow Ribbed Socks



Yarn: Vesper Sock Yarn in Knit and Tonic colorway
Needles: Size 1 8inch Crystal Palace dpns.
Gauge: 9 sts and 12 rows per inch (Alert the media that I know my gauge for once!)
Pattern: Yarrow rib socks from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush
Measurements: Size 9 feet and a 7" cuff
Time to Knit: April 24 - May 13
Notes:
  • After finally deciding on this pattern, I happily knit along. I think they turned out pretty well and I'm happy with them.
  • Toe Mods: I can't even remember what toe you're supposed to do, but I changed it to the flat toe. I just followed the flat toe directions in the beginning of the book. I'm now a big fan of the flatter toes and kitchenering in general, because it works very well with my wide foot.
  • I liked working with this yarn, but I doubt I'll use it again. Not because it's not lovely, but I'm a huge fan of superwash yarn for socks and a yarn with some nylon in it. Plus Vesper is nearly impossible to get a hold of anymore, and I've surrendered.
  • The pattern was great as usual and I'd totally do it again. I even liked the decorative heel flap work. There was some garter stitch on the flap, and it kept it interesting. Also, the gusset decreases are p2tog, which made for decorative decreases that I would definately use again.

5 Comments:

  • VERY VERY nice Jes! Great fit too!! :)

    By Blogger Debi, at 9:22 PM  

  • I love your socks! Congrats on finishing! :)

    By Blogger knitfriendly, at 9:00 AM  

  • Yay! They're done, and they're fab! :-)

    I'm with you on the superwash thing. The only way Vesper could possibly be improved would be if it could be chucked in the machine with the rest of the laundry.

    By Blogger Beth S., at 2:10 PM  

  • Love the socks! I'm glad you said that about Vesper....I really wanted some but I'm going to give up! I wish you were closer...we could get together to try to make our own kool aid socks!! :)

    By Blogger traveling knitter, at 2:38 PM  

  • Wow, I really love these socks, the colors just rock! They look so comfy and obviously fit perfectly - great job!
    Dipsy D. http://www.millharrow.com/weblog

    By Blogger Dipsy Doodle, at 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home