Banner

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Growth

I present to you the humble beginnings of the Diamond Fantasy Shawl (DFS). I haven't even finished one repeat of the main chart, but I couldn't be happier with the way everything is going. Mostly it's because I can manage to get through one right side row without screwing up, tinking back, starting over, fixing the dropped stitches, and obscene amount of rather unlady like language. This is mostly happening because I've come to terms with the fact that I'm unable to do lace and watch tv at the same time. I know that I keep saying this over and over, but it's a big step in personal acceptance for me. I am a MAJOR multi-tasker (again with the ADD) and find it incredibly hard to not being doing several things at once. This explains why I learned to knit in the first place. I can't just sit and watch tv, it makes me insane. I used to quilt, but after I got my first quilt hand peiced (it's queen size. Don't ever say I don't dive in head first into my hobbies) I kind of got stuck and gave up. I know that I will get it done eventually, it just might take awhile. Like til retirement, but that's another story.
Anyhow, coming to terms with my inability to do any two tasks skillfully at the same time (within reason - I'm not talking about climbing a mountain and sewing on a button here. I consider climbing a mountain and trying to stay alive multi-tasking enough) is a really big deal to me. Not only that, I like working on this enough to not give it up because I know it's the only thing I'm able to work on. Also, another big personal growth point for me.

3 Comments:

  • It's gorgeous Jes! Really lovely, congrats!

    By Blogger Debi, at 5:47 PM  

  • Great job with your shawl! What yarn are you using? BTW - I am the same way. I have to do multiple things at once and that is why I have not made any progress on my Hanging Garden Stole!

    By Blogger knitfriendly, at 8:20 AM  

  • It looks great, I'm so glad the yarn worked out, I think the weight is perfect and the color is too! Very pretty, I guess I have to start a lace project now!

    By Blogger Heather, at 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home