Banner

Friday, June 09, 2006

Off the Wall

I would call this post random, but I think it's beyond that stage, so here we go:
  • Blogger has been b&%$# in the last couple of days, and I'm highly annoyed. This post was supposed to show up on Wed. but I couldn't even get to creating a new post. It's been bad for pics and leaving comments too, so if I usually comment on your site, and I haven't, and you have blogger, that might be why.
  • I'm almost done my three repeats on my Pomatomus sock and I'm just not feeling it. It's taken me a very long time to get used to the pattern, and now that I finally have, I'm not liking the finished product. I've ceased working on it lately because it's not worth it. I'm going to take a few days off and see how I feel later. The colors are beautiful and the pattern is fun, but when you stretch it out over my leg, I don't like the way the pattern looks and it's already too long. I still have 8 rows to do before the heel flap. I also don't think I'd do the patterning on the foot because it looks like it would itch in a shoe, and all that work would be lost. It's starting to look like this will be ripped and abandoned.
  • 7 TONS of top soil was dropped in our driveway yesterday. Want to know what 7 tons of soil looks like? You will, but you have to wait until I get my lazy self up and get the pics off the camera.
  • Putting the better part of 7 tons of soil in your garden is back breaking work. I now know this from experience.
  • Jaywalker the seconde is moving along nicely. It was a little slow at first, but once I jogged my memory about how to do the double decrease, things went much faster.
  • I have out of continent family coming stateside in exactly a week. Posting will likely get weirder and more sporadic, if you can imagine that.
  • This is what happens when a California mountain lion puts it's paws in wet cement. I should have put something in the picture for scale, but I didn't think of it. I was too overwhelmed by the lion tracks in a neighborhood!
  • I have socks at home that I finished on the way to Cali and STILL have not washed, blocked or photographed. This is not only random, but pathetic.
  • I never washed or blocked my purple socks. One sock is in the bedroom and one in the office. Classic.
  • I need to find a project other than socks to work on! I'm thinking a tank top, but I'm at a loss for yarns, for patterns, for focus. If anyone has a summer yarn they love, let me know. Something with a little give, around sport weight, though I must be crazy because I'm game for fingering weight, and something with absolutely NO wool. Also, it's got to be reasonably priced, or on sale somewhere ;)
  • Any cute tank top ideas to go with the yarn would begreatly appreciated. Matching the yarn to the pattern is what takes me so freaking long. That and casting on make me crazy.
  • Yesterday I actually caught up on all of the feeds I had from vacation! Heaven help me if I go on a vacation for more than a week.
  • It's mosquito season once again in MD and I'm proving no less the enticing feast that I was last year. If anyone knows of a good natural mosquito deterrent, let me know. I've been using Avon Skin so Soft repellant and sun screen, but they're still coming for me.
  • Below are some of the pictures I took of a rainbow that Fiance and I saw in Tennessee, I think, on the drive back. I could not stop myself from taking pictures. I thought of Sandy the whole time.
  • I could likely go on for days about absolutely nothing, but I won't subject to that any longer.
  • I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, full of good weather and lots of knitting!



3 Comments:

  • I agree about blogger!! It's been driving me nuts!!! I too have been so focused on socks to the exclusion of all other projects (started and unstarted)...Yesterday I finally forced myself to go back to work on my Husband's sweater that I've been working on for months, but I was thinking of socks the whole time.

    By Blogger traveling knitter, at 4:30 PM  

  • This shell:

    http://www.knitpicks.com/books/itemid_50375/books_display.aspx

    In this yarn:

    http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/yarn_display.aspx?itemid=5420122

    beautiful, CHEAP, interesting and yummy yarn!! And it would look lovely on ya Jes!

    How's that?

    Love-
    Not Just a Sock Goddess :)

    By Blogger Debi, at 1:21 AM  

  • Whew! You have a lot on your plate.

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home