Banner

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Another type of fiber

Okay, so it's not really a type of fiber, but fiber goes into paper, right? It's a crafty thing, that's for sure. This is a picture of the paper that I picked up from Joann's yesterday. I've been trolling the internet for ideas and papers to use for our save the date cards for the wedding, and have been unable to really find what I was looking for. As a last ditch effort (and because the LYS was closed yesterday) I dropped by Joann's for one last look. Luckily for me they happened to be having a big ol' sale on their scrapbooking papers. If you like paper or make cards/scrapbook, that sort of thing, go now! I'll wait. Really.
Normally the papers go for a little over 2 for $1 and their sale is for 5 for $1! When I saw that, I decided that there must be something that worked for me, and in fact, I found the perfect colors and textured paper in the right weight. So I got all the paper I'd need, and all I had to do was cut it out. Having been a theatre major in school, I happened to have all the tools I'd need to cut down the 12x12 sheets so that I could start the process. I cut a bunch of sheets last night, but I still have a bunch more to cut out. This is the quick part, though. What's going to take forever, and what will probably make me curse up a storm for having come up with this oh so brilliant idea, is the number punching. The blue card there is the top and the coral is the background. The wedding date is punched out with these kicking number punches that I bought off of ebay. Ofcourse, there's a bit of work involved with getting them lined up and such. It's not complicated, but it is going to suck the time away. But, at least I enjoy it, for now =) After that's all done, then I have to write out the saving the date part. Here's where I get a little nervous. I do have good handwriting and all, but it's got to be in a great ink, and it's permanent, seeing as how you can't just go using white out on a blue peice of paper. I could use a stamp, but at the end of the day, I still have to write our names and such on it, so I might as well write the whole thing. So, I'm on the hunt for the perfect pen. Wish me luck!

In the knitting news, DFS is done and blocked. Here's a quick shot. She looks great to me, but I haven't gotten around to taking real life pics of her yet. I'm hoping that Fiance will help me get some pics of this and the pico over the weekend. I just haven't had the energy to get that done lately, and we've been busy busy busy. I hope to have two, maybe three(!) FO reports next week. The third thing is the Jaywalkers. I'm working on the foot of the second sock, and after all this lace knitting, socks are so.damn.boring. Really, I'm ready to poke my eyes out. At least there's some patterning, I think if all it was a plain stockinette sock, I'd be done for. I'd drown in my own boredom. Thankfully it shouldn't be too much longer before my laceweight gets here (I keep thinking, any day now, but it still hasn't come), and perhaps, if my luck hasn't run out, then I can find something at the LYS today to work on. I need fingering weight for Ene's scarf, and she usually keeps that pretty well stocked. Plus I have a coupon, and things are supposedly on sale. If I find something I like, on sale, in the right color, with all the dye lots there, you might hear me cheering. Yeah, even on the west coast.

3 Comments:

  • Oh, congrats on finishing DFS! That's an accomplishment for sure. :-) It looks lovely!

    I made our wedding invitations. It was a very small wedding, so it wasn't a huge chore (I think we sent out 40, and kept two or three extra for posterity.) Looking over all the pretty papers was almost as fun as yarn shopping. It definitely appeals to the same part of the brain. ;-)

    By Blogger Beth S., at 2:54 PM  

  • Wow, great deal on the paper. Good luck with the save the date cards. Your idea sounds lovely. Ever since my wedding I've learned to appreciate those kind of details.

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 3:35 PM  

  • Your DFS is lovely! I would definately do the writing on the cards first if you can. That way, if you don't like the way it looks, you haven't already spent time on doing the cut-outs on the now-not-usable card. Have fun making them! They are going to turn out great. Oh....I was in Wal-Mart yesterday and if you go to their craft section, they have TONS of cute little trinkets/scrapbooking trinkets. You may get some ideas there if you want to spruce up your cards even more.

    By Blogger knitfriendly, at 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home