Banner

Monday, July 03, 2006

August birthday swap

Nothing to see here unless your my swap partner ;)
Update to follow soon about my DFS progress.

What day is your birthday?
August 4th

Are you crafty?
Sometimes. I do random projects with found objects and paper, but usually for gifts around the holidays.

Would you enjoy things like: Buttons, ribbons and embellishments?
No

Do you dye your own wool?
I haven't yet, but I think it would be fun to try.

Do you like to scrapbook or make homemade cards?
I don't scrap book, but sometimes I do make cards and such. I like fun hole punchers and scissors, but I'm not really into special papers or stickers.

What small project would you be interested in making? Socks, mittens, scarf, hat, baby items, wash cloths, doilies, shrugs etc
I love to make socks, but I'd also like to make the one skein wonder shrug, or something like that.

What are your favorite scents?
Rose, freesia, vanilla

Do you like hand lotions or soaps?
I love lotions, but don't really use hard soaps. I just don't like anything where the scent is overwhelming.

Do you like to sew or embroider items?
I'm thinking about getting a sewing machine, but don't have one yet, and I haven't embroidered for years. If I were to embroider, it would have to be an easy starter project.

Do you like beads?
I don't bead, per se, but I would like to try knitting with wire and beads.

What kind of mail-able snacks do you like to eat?
I love smarties and that type of semi hard candy.

Do you like to wear costume jewelry? Necklace, earrings, bracelets etc.
Not really.

Do you like to play cards or board games?
I like goofy card games and trivia games, but nothing too complicated.

What are your favorite colors of yarn? Solids, varigated, heathers or self stripping yarns?
All of the above. I like blues and greens a lot, but I am fond of lots of light or bright colors and try to stay away from knitting something too dark.

Do you like kitchen magnets or key rings?
Not really.

Do you like picture frames?
I like smaller ones like 4x6 or so because that's what size I can print out. I really like ones with botanical things like pressed flowers or leaves.

Do you like to make/or use stitch markers?
I use them alot. I have a bunch of red and blue ones and I need some other colors.

Do you collect anything?
I love tropical fish things and palm trees.

Do you have any allergies? Smoke, food, fiber, pets, etc.
I'm allergic to cats (but we have a cat, so it's not big deal) and I'm not good with really raw wools or that aren't blends. I'm fine with most wool blends including alpaca.

Do you have any hobbies?
I garden, mostly vegetables.

Do you like scented or unscented candles?
Scented is good as long as it's not too strong.

Are you a fiber snob?
I'm not really a snob, but can't wear scratchy wools or much acrylic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home