Banner

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Can't keep up

This picture was taking several days ago and I have made so much progress since then, but haven't remembered had time to take a picture. I think that this is one and a half or a little more of chart repeats, and right now, I'm only a few rows short of having the third chart repeat completed. Also, once I purl back this row, I'll have to start my second ball of yarn. There's already enough ends to make it look like I've used two balls, but when I wound up this yarn, there was a nasty bit where the yarn had come unplied and untwisted, so I cut it out. It's more ends to weave in, but with this being lace, there would have been no way to hide that funky bit. It sort of stinks, though, because I'm worried about weaving the ends in the lace and having them stay put. Having more ends to weave in, does not make me feel any better. Thankfully the border is garter stitch, so I imagine it will be a little easier to hide the ends and make them stay put, but if anyone has any words of wisdom about hiding those ends and making them stay, I'd love to hear it!

I'm also rolling right along on my Seed-ovoli. I'm only a couple of rows short of the waist increases and then I go to the edging, pick up and knit a little sleeve and I'm done! It's going really quickly, but that's because it's the only thing I can knit right now while watching tv. I did knit a little on the shawl in front of the tv the other night, and it went pretty well, but I can't be watching anything to visually interesting, or I'm done for. Ofcourse, purling back is starting to take an eternity and I'm not even half way through, so by the time that I get to the fourth or fifth repeat, purling back will take a tv show anyway, and I don't really have to pay attention to that. And believe me, that purling is getting really, really old, and I really need a distraction from it.

3 Comments:

  • Oh, that's SO pretty! Makes me want to run home and dig out the pattern and cast on...

    By Blogger Beth S., at 3:56 PM  

  • It is turning out very nicely! I have found that if I weave in at least three inches of the end, they seem to stay put. I also try to weave in different rows and different directions so that it is harder for it to come undone. Hope that this helps!

    By Blogger knitfriendly, at 8:24 AM  

  • Two words: Russian Join!!
    http://www.angelfire.com/ok2/knit/images/rus_join.pdf
    For lace (and cotton or non-wool fibers)I ALWAYS join my new skeins this way! Try it, it's life changing :)

    The shawl looks amazing!

    By Blogger Debi, at 4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home