Banner

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The dark side



What you see here in these pitifully sad photos might be some fabric that I bought yesterday and I might be planning on sewing it together with the sewing machine that I got for my birthday that I might have asked for exclusively. Just might. I mean, I wouldn't want you to think that I was just going to abandon knitting for sewing, or something crazy like that. I mean, the machine isn't even out of the box yet. And frankly, I'm a little scared of it. I've never used a brand spanking new sewing machine in my life. I've worked with plenty of old, crotchety machines that all had their share of stories and attitude problems. I've had to nurse plenty of machines through the last couple of yards and love them and clean them out after they pitched a fit. But never something new. Never one that someone that knew what they were doing hadn't used before. Someone that had set it up and worked on it. One that hadn't already proven it's worth. So, needless to say, I'm a little nervous. A little aprehensive, maybe. Just a little. I mean, after all, it came with a dvd. It's going to be okay.
But, having said all that, I refuse to tell you what I'm going to make. You know, in case it doesn't actually work out. In case, it becomes signifigantly smaller than planned and you say to yourself, I thought she was make a (insert project here). Doesn't that look a little small to you? I'm just sayin'. But, when it's done, and it will be done, I'll fill you in.

In knitting news, I cast on, several times (as in, ooops, damnit! riiiiip. repeat as necessary), for the embossed leaves, and I think I'm good to go now. I'm using the koigu and I'm doing it as written. I only managed to get 5 rounds knit, but it slid over my ankle and on to my leg, so I take that as a good sign. I shall push forward and see how it goes after a pattern repeat.

And in entertainment news we have pictures:



Fiance has a laundry system that involves washing all his white socks at once, and then sorting them on the couch. However, he doesn't always get to them right away. I call this phenomena sock mountain. Sunshine loves sock mountain. You should see her stalk over to it and try to make a cat shaped hole, big enough to get her wide load into, in the socks. If she could figure out how to burrow into them, she would. She spent all night like this on sock mountain, and if it was available, she'd probably make this her new kitty perch.
It's funny, as long as it's not my socks. =)

3 Comments:

  • Cats LOVE socks! All of our cats have been sock-o-philes. Our first cat, Charlotte, would jump in the sock drawer the minute you opened it, and she would immediately start doing that happy cat thing, where they knead something soft with their paws. So we always call that motion "doing socks", even if it's on a blanket or a sweater or your lap instead. ;-) Sample usage: "OW! The cat is doing socks on my leg!" or "You'd better rescue that sweater, the cat is doing socks on it."

    By Blogger Beth S., at 11:33 AM  

  • How cute! I think she should have her own Sock Mountain all the time. Except for maybe when company comes.

    Sewing! I've really got to get back into the sewing room and finish up the kazillion UFO's there. My new sewing machine (a gift) was one of those cheap Singer jobbies and I hate it. I hauled out my old Pfaff Hobby.

    By Blogger Carrie K, at 1:47 PM  

  • The fabric that you bought is beautiful. What kind of sewing machine do you have? I am looking in to getting one.

    By Blogger knitfriendly, at 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home