Banner

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Move along, nothing to see here

I have been extremely busy this past weekend, and haven't had much time to knit at all. I did manage to get Ene's scarf cast on again and the first four rows of chart one completed, but that's about it. I'd love to show it to you, but it just looks like a bunch of blue shoved on a needle. The scallops at the bottom are starting to take shape, but I doubt a visible pattern will really emerge until I finish the whole of the first chart, and that's going to be awhile. I'm averaging about 45 minutes a row. It's very sad. It takes me about an hour to make it through a RS row and a half hour to do a WS because it's mostly purling all the way back. I know the more I knit on it, the faster the rows are going to be, but this starting big and decreasing down just isn't for me. I think it's because I get so overwhelmed at the number of stitches. Both times I cast on this puppy I counted and recounted and put stitch markers ever twenty stitches, but I still had issues. Even on the second try I was still short a stitch and I just made it up with the tail. It looks like it will hold, and it was that I was short a stitch and not a pattern mistake, thankfully, so the rest of the rows are working out. I hope it keeps working out. I need to get a lifeline in, sooner, rather than later, so that I don't go nuts if something does happen. Hopefully I won't need to use it, and sometime in the next twelve months, I should have a visual update for you. Until then, I'll just keep plodding along....

3 Comments:

  • Yeah, definitely put in a lifeline NOW! The hard part is over, it'll get easier from here on out. I haven't picked up my knitting in days, but I have been sewing like crazy ;)

    By Blogger Heather, at 10:28 PM  

  • I agree with Heather....lifeline before you knit one more stitch! Go on, get your cotton and make one. Stop reading my comments any more...why are you still reading? Lifeline! Lifeline!

    Hehe..

    By Blogger knitfriendly, at 9:03 AM  

  • Birch is like this too--absolutely deadly at the beginning. Do a row here and a row there, and have another project handy for when you get utterly sick of the sight of Ene and need to put her down. Eventually you'll whittle her down to a manageable size... and you might get a few pairs of socks done in between pattern repeats. ;-)

    By Blogger Beth S., at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home