Banner

Friday, August 11, 2006

Pain in the back

Last night I managed to get quite a bit of knitting done. Partially because I wanted to, and partially because I can't really do anything else. At this point, I'm not sure what's going on, but my back is in constant pain. It really stinks, but it sure is condusive to getting a lot of knitting done. What you see here is the completed first chart. I think I did four or five rows last night to finish this chart and then I managed to get two exceedingly boring rows of chart two done. The second chart is really, really boring. It's basically garter stitch back and forth. The repeat section is two knit stitches repeated 73 times on each side of the one center stitch. Good times. There's not very many rows on the chart, but goodness are they painful. If I thought I could sleep and do garter stitch, this might be the time to start.

Anyhow, after I finished the first chart repeat, this is all the yarn that I had left. I was pretty excited that I made it through the chart with the first ball. Ofcourse that should mean that I'm a quarter of the way through! In fact, it should mean it's a little more than that considering I have just under 800 yards and the pattern calls for 700. I'm extatic and I'm hoping to get more done this weekend.

Have a good weekend!

4 Comments:

  • It looks great. Sorry to hear about your back though. Have you seen a doctor about it?

    By Blogger Carrie K, at 5:47 PM  

  • I am sorry to hear that your back hurts. I hope that you feel better soon! Your lace is looking beautiful! :)

    By Blogger knitfriendly, at 9:03 AM  

  • Gardening injury, maybe? Were you hauling any gigantic bags of mulch all by your lonesome?

    I hope Ene takes your mind off the pain, at any rate. (Though you know what I hear is also good for that? Calling the doctor. ;-)

    By Blogger Beth S., at 12:15 PM  

  • Don;t you love it when the pattern goes better than you expected and with yarn to spare. The knitting gods are smiling on you.

    Thanks for the birthday wishes.

    I will pray for you healing.

    By Blogger Abigail, at 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home