Banner

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Quiet

Indeed I have been quiet, lately, but do not mistake that for idle. In fact, it seems I have been nothing but busy lately. Even if the hands aren't working, the mind is racing. Thankfully, this last part of the ene's has been rather repetitive and progressively easier. Well, it was easy until I ran out of yarn. I know, I know, you are surprised, that I of all people would possibly run out of yarn, but it's true. Sad, but true. In fact, it wasn't so many rows after this shot was taken that I came to the last 12 inches of yarn and had to come to terms with going to the LYS and praying that there was more. Some of you may remember that I purchased this yarn on sale, and so the chances of there being more were not so good. Thankfully, when I raced over there the next day, there was, in fact, one lone ball of ice blue sitting on the mountain of fall colors that she had gotten in. And, lucky for me, it was the same dye lot. I snatched it up and thanked my lucky stars.
Ofcourse, I don't really understand how it happened this time. The recommended yarn is two skeins of blackberry ridge laceweight which amounts to 700 yards. I bought four balls of Rowan 4-ply soft which amounts to just under 800 yards. I used virtually the same size needles (4.25mm instead of 4.0 mm), which is the only thing I can think is to blame. I'm a little surprised that that .25mm could eat up a hundred yards, but I suppose it's possible.
Nonetheless, all that matters now is that I have the ball and that I only have about ten rows and grafting left to do. That, and my other yarn has finally been shipped, so if I am left without a shawl to work, it won't be for long. I'd say left without lace, but I'm working on the embossed leaves socks, and considering it's got a YO every row, I guess those count. Even if they don't "count" they sure are as addicting to work on. Just like Beth said, they practically knit themselves!

Also, I currently have a thousand other things going on. As soon as I can get my act together, there will be a little parade of FO's around here and possibly some big changes. Hopefully the long weekend coming will afford me the time to catch everyone up to date!

2 Comments:

  • Oh, that shawl is beautiful! And wow, what are the odds that they'd have a ball left? Awesome?

    A thousand FO's? I want to see them but.....but....envy.

    By Blogger Carrie K, at 9:31 PM  

  • Talk about luck! I love when that happens. Good luck finishing your shawl/scarf. That pattern is my favorite out of that book.

    By Blogger knitfriendly, at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home