Banner

Friday, August 04, 2006

Workspace

Working a charted peice off of a little peice of paper with post it notes on it, balanced on the arm of the couch wasn't really cutting it anymore. Especially with the large number of stitches on Ene's, so I went out and created myself a little work space. I bought this dry erase board that is also magnetic and got myself a couple of rulers. The metal ruler had some cork on the back of it, and once I put the magnets on the back it was too tall and casted a shadow, so I pulled them off and since the cork was destroyed anyway, I yanked all the cork off the back of the ruler. I got me some goof off to clean up the adhesive and it was better than new. I took some low profile magnets and stuck them on the back, and now I have the perfect thing to line up the row. The colored ones are in case I have a repeat that I keep going past. This way I can block myself in with rulers and also so I can look at some happy colors to look at =)

And speaking of happy, despite the fact that my little counter over there -------------> says that it's -1 day until my birthday, it is actually my birthday. Yay! to me and to all the other fabulous things in history that happened today:

Birthdays:
1755 Nicolas-Jacque Conte inventor (modern pencil) - really, it would still be stone and chisel without the pencil

1901 Louis Armstrong New Orleans, Jazz musician & bandleader, "Hello Dolly" - oldest musician in Billboard history to have a Number One song - How cool is he??

1955 Billy Bob Thornton Hot Springs, Ark. US. actor, 'Sling Blade','A Family Thing' - How not cool is that?

Events:
1693 Dom Perignon invents champagne - Oh the beauty of champain champagne

1881 122ø F (50ø C), Seville, Spain (European record) - Talk about a heat wave. Phew!

1970 Jim Morrison arrested for drunkenness - Maybe he had the champagne.

6 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday!!! Great idea for the chart, I don't even have post it notes around here. Good thing I'm not working on a complicated lace pattern.

    By Blogger Heather, at 7:49 PM  

  • HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JES!!!!!!
    I hope your day was special and ALL your dreams come true!!

    By Blogger Debi, at 8:50 PM  

  • Happy birthday!!!

    By Blogger Brynne, at 6:41 AM  

  • Happy Belated Birthday, Jes!!

    Your diamond fantasy shawl looks amazing.

    By Blogger Carrie K, at 12:07 PM  

  • Happy Birthday! I love your "work space" idea. My mom is working on a sweater with a big chart and I am going to email your post to her. I think that she will find it very useful. Hope that you had a great birthday!

    By Blogger knitfriendly, at 1:44 PM  

  • And now you can add yourself to the list as the inventer of the magnetic chart reader :) Happy Birthday!

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home