Banner

Friday, September 08, 2006

FO Report: Jaywalkers


Yarn: Lorna's Laces in Vera.
Needles: Size 1 8 inch Crystal Palace dpns.
Gauge: uh....
Pattern: Jaywalkers from Magknits (pattern by Grumperina) size 36" bust
Time to Knit: May 18 - Sept 7
Notes: This was a fun pattern for the first sock, but by the time I got through the leg of the second one, I was kind of over it. I had to do the 84 st. version because my feet are so big, and I still have a hard time getting them over my heels. The pattern is also sort of constricting, so pre blocking (still haven't blocked) they itch after a little time on. I'm hoping that after a little wash, they will soften and loosen up a bit. I also don't like the way that the cuff and the heel fit with the chevron pattern. There's a bit of a bulge at the join of each, and I'm wondering whether it's going ot be particularly comfortable to wear. I suppose we'll see when the weather cools down enough.
All in all, I'm glad I made a pair, but I don't think I'll be knitting them again anytime soon.

5 Comments:

  • Beautimous! I don't think you had that problem because of big feet... my feet are average with narrow heels and I could never get this pattern to fit right :( And I do so love these jaywalkers...

    By Blogger Tonni, at 5:22 PM  

  • Never my favorite pattern...I can't understand why everyone wanted to knit an ill fitting, tight sock...just sayin' :)

    But these are very pretty!!

    By Blogger Debi, at 9:08 PM  

  • Congrats on getting through that pattern! The color looks great and I am sure that they will soften after washing. Your cuff should also look better after blocking. Great job! :)

    By Blogger knitfriendly, at 11:50 PM  

  • I know just what you mean... it's such a beautiful sock pattern, but the fit is funny. Too tight around the leg, too loose around the heel. I'm conflicted about mine too.

    By Blogger Beth S., at 2:34 PM  

  • The colors are so beautiful! My Jaywalkers sag, but I had fun knitting them.

    By Blogger Brynne, at 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home